By seeing how our brain is behaving, we can train our brains! If we are anxious most of the time, we can use feedback to reward our brains for being calm, and train ourselves out of anxiety. That’s pretty cool!
In a previous episode, we were fortunate enough to have Dr David Traster, of South Florida Integrative Health speak to us about Lyme disease and brain injuries (on Podcast Adventure #21), and now, we have the other partner from South Florida Integrative Health Clinic on the show.
Dr. Kelsey Brenner DC, DACNB, FABBIR, brings her gentle feminine energy and powerful knowledge base as a Chiropractor and Functional Neurologist, Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Neurology Board and Fellow of the American Board of Brain Injury and Rehabilitation to show us how neurofeedback can be used to train our brains without us even trying!
- Kelsey’s twin sister with CP
- Kelsey’s 5th concussion from soccer
- Symptoms: memory, name recognition, emotional rollercoaster
- Patient doctor understanding
- What brought Dr. Brenner into Functional Neurology
- Neurofeedback and brain waves
- What are brain waves? Firing Patterns? (31:39)
- It all comes down to the neuron
- What is neurofeedback
- What are Brain Maps?
- Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta, Gamma (37:50)
- Cavin’s brain scans
- Hyper vigilance
- Binaural beat soundtracks
- Incredible benefits of Functional Neurology
As a Health Coach at Duke Integrative Medicine (which offers clinicians a diverse holistic approach to patient care), Dr. Brenner has also explored the role of plant-based nutrition in health. You can learn more about brain nutrition if you go to feedabrain.com, and you can learn more about Dr. Brenner and South Florida Integrative at southfloridaintegrative.com.
- (Book) – Why Isn’t My Brain Working?: A Revolutionary Understanding of Brain Decline and Effective Strategies to Recover Your Brain’s Health
- (Book) – A Symphony in the Brain: The Evolution of the New Brain Wave Biofeedback
This episode is brought to you by Minnesota Functional Neurology and Chiropractic
Learn more about them and Jeremy Schmoe at mnfunctionalneurology.com
You can be a sponsor of the Adventures in Brain Injury Podcast! Check out our Sponsor Page.
Like the show? Support us for $1.00 an episode.