Recovery Potential Partnership
During a medical crisis, friends and families are often shocked by the horror of their situation.
Some feel overwhelmed, powerless, and alone while navigating the medical system that they have been hurled into.
Some patients are given a very grim prognosis and loved ones are told to say goodbye to the person they once knew.
Survivors who were not in a life threatening situation or who have passed the survival stage are often told to “get used to their ‘new normal.’”
The impairments and challenges from a brain Injury can be vast and far reaching. Social isolation, anger outbursts, balance problems, headaches, seizures, visual disturbances, incontinence, and overall dependence on others are just a few things that brain injury survivors would like to change in their experience.
For caretakers, the emotional and physical exhaustion can be overwhelming on a good day and can often feel hopeless. Many people turn to the internet where they sometimes find some hope in success stories. While these success stories are inspiring, nothing can ensure that they or their loved one will have a similar outcome.
What if you were able to partner with an experienced brain injury survivor and thriver who can bring his experience, knowledge, and network of medical professionals to help you to navigate the maze of information and care options.
My name is Cavin Balaster. I partner with clients all over the world to support neurological and overall health in a way that aims to provide the greatest recovery potential.
After waking from my second coma over several weeks of minimal consciousness, I found myself unable to eat, walk, or talk for months.
Some of the doctors told my family to get used to their “new normal.”
I have never been interested in that disempowering narrative.
While integrating both mainstream medicine for certain treatments, as well as practices that were outside of the “medical standard of care,” I have recovered beyond anyone’s expectations.
I am now loving my life and am dedicated to improving recovery potential for anyone afflicted with trauma and neurological injury or disease.
What Qualifications Does Cavin Have?
- Cavin is a functional nutrition trained (Functional Nutrition Lab) brain injury survivor and thriver. He is able to help guide nutrition, supplementation, and practitioner choices and partnerships.
Cavin is an experienced patient advocate who has been through the ins and outs of the medical system dozens of times (once with himself and many times with clients who have a loved one in a medical crisis).
- Cavin is informed in neuroplasticity, neurorehabilitation, speech-language pathology, functional neurology, neuro-optometry, and clinical nutrition.
- Cavin is informed in many facets of health (which directly affect neurology) including digestive, immune, hormonal, and oral health.
- Cavin has direct experience in working collaboratively with doctors, therapists, and medical teams to implement the most safe and effective treatments and therapies available for each family’s specific situation.
- Cavin is a trauma informed survivor and thriver who has experience working with a wide range of clients who are held back by emotional or physical trauma of any kind.
Who Does Cavin Work With and What Can He Do for Them?
- Cavin partners with survivors and loved ones who are recovering from neurological conditions like stroke, epilepsy, Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimers Disease, and of course, brain injury (traumatic and acquired).
- Cavin is able to help you to provide therapy assistance, system building and support for organization, and accountability towards your goals.
- Cavin partners with folks who have a loved one in medical crisis and who are navigating the profit driven medical system.
- As a professional advocate, Cavin coaches his clients to empower themselves to effectively collaborate with and to steer the medical team towards improved recovery potential. This collaboration can result in medication changes, feed changes, supplementation addition and replacement, relocation of hospitals, enrollment in rehabilitative services and social programs, and so much more depending on specific circumstances.
- Cavin partners with physical and emotional trauma survivors to release dysfunctional patterns, to instead develop functional habits and patterns to accomplish their goals, and to develop and to live into their values.
- Cavin combs through medical research regularly and consults with his mentors in allopathic, naturopathic, clinical, and functional medicine and nutrition. He does this to confirm validity, safety, and efficacy, and to present you with treatments that are more safe and effective than the medical standard of care.
- Cavin provides tools for medical empowerment so that you can receive the medical treatments you choose (and not what you don’t)… even when those treatments are outside of the “medical standard of care.”
What is The “Medical Standard of Care?”
The “medical standard of care” was coined for malpractice cases and it is typically defined as:
the level and type of care that a reasonably competent and skilled health care professional, with a similar background and in the same medical community, would have provided under similar circumstances.
If it makes sense to utilize a treatment other than the reasonably competent, similar, and same, standard of care, Cavin shows his clients how to empower themselves to successfully get the treatment they choose.
What Does Working with Cavin Look Like?
After our initial call, should we decide that we are a good fit:
- I will build out a dashboard to organize everything that will need to be tracked to guide us towards yours or your loved one’s recovery potential.
- Together, we will build out of systems for personal care needs, emotional support, physical, mental, and emotional practices, and the enrollment in social programs for financial relief.
- Co-creation of a customized and comprehensive action plan that will be monitored and followed to ensure that we are on track.
- Nutrition, supplementation, and digestive guidance (the gut-brain axis is bidirectional.
As your partner navigating recovery with you, I am available for you. This is how:
- We will have at least one phone call every week,
- You will have direct access to call, text, voice, or video message me anytime with expedited response time. (usually within the hour, and at most 24 hours).
- We will have check in communication as often as requested.
What is The Investment to Start Working with Cavin and What is That Investment for?
- The investment for the first call is $350 USD.
- It is my goal to provide the most value in the most efficient and powerful way.
- I feel strongly about my goal, so I provide a money-back guarantee if you do not find value in this call.
- There is no time limit on our initial call because each situation is different.
- This investment will also be credited towards a package should we choose to work together further.
Apply for a call to see how I can become a part of your team towards your loved one’s recovery potential.
This is NOT your new normal…
This is a new beginning!
- David Goguen, J. D. (2020, June 5). What Is the “Medical Standard of Care” in a Medical Malpractice Case? www.nolo.com. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-the-medical-standard-care-malpractice-case.html
- Wikimedia Foundation. (2021, March 2). Standard of care. Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_of_care.
- Reamer, F. G. (2014) The Concept of Standard of Care. Social Work Today (May).
- Coombs v. Beede. (1996).