Brain injury survivor Cavin Balaster and co-host Alek Hess discuss the importance of raising awareness and the success of the “ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.”
Links from this episode:
- “Time Out! Mental Exertion Slows Concussion Recovery by 500%”
- “Sleep deprivation has a neuroprotective role in a traumatic brain injury of the rat.”
- “10 Ways You Can Help a Loved One Cope With Their Traumatic Brain Injury”
- Amy Zellmer
- “Researchers Credit ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’ to success of breakthrough.”
Points of interest:
- 2:00 – Coffee banter ends.
- 3:00 – Why is raising awareness important
- 4:30 – Statistics and identification.
- 7:00 – Cognitive rest speeds healing.
- 9:50 – Developing empathy and understanding.
- 12:00 – Article by TBI survivor Amy Zellmer.
- 16:30 – Summary of major points about awareness.
- 18:00 – Description of ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- 26:40 – Researchers describe how raised money lead to breakthrough.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.