Podcast 3 – Healing the Brain Through Vision Therapy
Severe traumatic brain injury survivor Cavin Balaster and co-host Alek Hess interview award winning vision therapist Robert Nurisio to discuss his career in vision therapy and his work with brain injury patients.
Links from this episode:
Points of interest:
- 3:00 – Robert’s entry into the world of vision therapy.
- 8:35 – Brain injury, vision, and balance.
- 15:40 – Vision therapy resources and the vision therapy process.
- 31:00 – Alek’s severe retinal tear story
- 40:00 – Robert’s blog and his famous “sit-downs.”
- 45:20 – Other blog recommendations
- 46:10 – Winning the COVT of the Year award.
- 55:10 – Brain Injury Awareness month and the hash-tag party.