Brain injury can do a lot of damage… including the dysregulation of our hormones leading to sleep disturbances, emotional mood swings, changes in libido, and unhealthy weight gain in all sexes. This is why I’m super excited to be interviewing my friend Dr. Anna Cabeca, DO, FACOG, a 3x board certified OBGYN who is absolutely brilliant when it comes to hormones.
Dr. Anna has worked with thousands of women one-on-one to help them understand and improve their health and manage their hormones. In addition to her academic and clinical experience, has been touched by brain injury and PTSD in her personal life. She is committed to supporting women so that they can thrive physically, emotionally, sexually and even spiritually.
In this interview we talk about:
- Hormone balance and neurology.
- What and how specific hormones protect and affect the brain.
- How vitamin D is profoundly important for hormonal balance and health.
- Self actionable ways to test and correct hormonal imbalances to feel better, to normalize weight, and be a healthier and happier you!
- How hormonal changes often occur after brain injury at different ages and in different sexes.
- Signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
- Why allopathic methods are often ineffective in diagnosing and treating of hormonal imbalance.
- What healthy hormones feel and look like and how to look and feel awesome!