Brain injury survivor Cavin Balaster and co-host Alek Hess interview fellow survivor, recent author, and contributor to the Huffington Post, Amy Zellmer.
Links from this episode:
- Amy on Huffington Post
- “Life With a TBI: 6 Tips for Surviving the Holidays and Overstimulation”
- “5 Things Every TBI Survivor Wants You to Understand”
- Andrea Nakayama – Practitioner Mastery Matrix and Holistic Nutrition Lab
Points of Interest:
- 2:40 – Cavin’s new free eBook
- 4:25 – Amy Zellmer Introduction
- 5:10 – Amy’s Injury
- 14:40 – Amy’s current deficits
- 18:50 – Amy’s website and book
- 21:00 – Dealing with doctors, empathy, and advocating for one’s self
- 37:20 – Amy’s articles on Huffington Post
- 44:55 – Dealing with perception and prejudice
Enjoyed the interview with Amy Zellmer. I have a niece that has TBI.
Enjoyed the podcast with Amy! I too fell on ice and hit ice or a rock with the back of my head! Got the run around with the hospital etc! 3 1/2 years later I was finally referred to Dartmouth. Always trying to find more ways that I can improve. I didn’t get the therapies like others have.
I too was told I “should be happy that I’m high functioning” put still have many deficits and trying to find how & where to help them! My biggest lately is all the rain storms messing up my head!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!